75 Albert Street, Suite 500
Canada, K1P 5E7
T: (613) 235-4048
F: (613) 235-8101
CECA's 2016-2019 Strategic Priorities include:
See Strategic Directions for 2016 to 2019 to learn more about CECA's upcoming activities.
- Enhancing quality of services across residential addiction treatment facilities;
- Promoting collaboration in addiction and mental health care;
- Supporting improved provision of MMT across jurisdictions;
- Advancing the integration of primary care and mental health and addictions services;
- Contributing to improving treatment of individuals experiencing issues with substance abuse in emergency care settings; and
- Maintaining CECA's national leadership in issues related to substance abuse treatment
CECA has partnered with the Canadian Centre on Substance Abuse (CCSA) and Mental Health Commission of Canada (MHCC) to enhance much-needed collaboration between mental health and addictions services. Collaboration in Addictions and Mental Health: Best Advice was released in 2014 and is being promoted across Canada through ongoing knowledge exchange activities.
In 2016, CECA will be conducting an update of the 2011 Cross-Canada Scan of Methadone Maintenance Treatment Policy Developments, which explores policy strategies for addressing the rising demand across Canada for treatment of opioid dependence.
In partnership with CCSA, CECA is working with Canada's six accreditation bodies to promote accreditation across residential substance abuse treatment facilities and to support facilities in delivering quality care to those needing help and treatment for substance use disorders.
Accreditation for Residential Substance Abuse Treatment Centres: Getting Started was released in 2015 and is being supported through targeted regional consultations in 2016.
|Please read our brochure||